Exclusively for PR, Communications and Marketing Students From All Ottawa Campuses
Where: Oliver’s Pub, Carleton University – 1125 Colonel By Drive, 1st Floor, Unicentre
Date: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 6 p.m.
*Finger food will be provided
Join us for a meet and greet with IABC professionals and industry representatives sharing insight on the following themes:
- How to network – digitally and in person
- What different fields and opportunities exist within the communications industry
- How to get a foot in the door
Some of our featured speakers will include:
- Joe Boughner- Program Coordinator for the Social Media, Social Media Compliance Management and Digital Analytics programs, Algonquin College. Find him on Twitter: @joeboughner
- Kristine D’Arbelles– Public Affairs Manager, CAA. Find her on Twitter: @KristineDarbell
- Alison Scarlett – Manager, Public Relations and Community Activation. Find her on Twitter: @Ali_Scarlett
- Valérie Gervais – Communications Advisor, Corporate Communications, House of Commons
Students from all Ottawa campuses are welcome to attend.
The evening will open with a brief introduction from IABC Ottawa, and a short presentation from several IABC members representing a cross-section of industries. A mix and mingle will follow.
Membership applications will be available on site (only $49, representing 85% savings on regular membership!). Please bring cash, cheque or credit card.
For a refresher on membership benefits, view:
For membership inquiries, please contact Tina Barton, VP Membership.
We are looking for IABC members to speak at this event. If interested in being a speaker, please email: email@example.com.
This event is sponsored by: