Reconnect with fellow colleagues and other leading professionals while you pack your communications toolkit with new—or improved—strategies, tactics, inspiration and more. Each speaker will present a short case study on the national campaign they’re responsible for, then will join guests in intimate round table discussions where you can ask questions about how to build creative Canadian heritage campaigns, innovative ideas and more.
From 5:30-8:00 p.m. meet:
- Annie Desrosiers, chief, communications and promotions, Ottawa 2017, who will discuss how they’re leveraging the nation’s capital to ignite the country.
- Caro Loutfi, executive director, Apathy is Boring, who will speak about inspiring Canadian civic engagement.
- Elizabeth Jarvis, marketing and communications director, 4-H Canada, who will discuss building grassroots movements that grow Canadian youth leaders.
- Kristina Martin, senior manager of communications, Actua, who will discuss Innovation 150, a Canada 150 Signature Initiative.
- Michael Burns, CEO, Invictus Games Toronto 2017
- Valerie Hughes, Director, Major Events, Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group on the Ottawa Redblacks
5:30 p.m: Guest arrivals
6 p.m: Speaker presentations
7 p.m: Roundtable discussions
8 p.m: Event ends