Join us on Tuesday January 30 for an IABC Ottawa signature event – Networking in the New Year! This speed-dating style event is a professional development opportunity like no other. A talented group of experts will rotate from table-to-table to answer your questions and share their experiences.
Learn about some of the new and emerging trends in the communications profession and get your questions answered by our outstanding lineup of experts who will help you power your communications career:
- Tara Lapointe, Director, Outreach and Business Development at Canada Council for the Arts, on transitioning from communications to business development and the need for multi-skilled communicators
- Tina Barton, Manager of Partnerships at Community Foundations of Canada, sharing her tips on effective strategies and partnerships
- Jessica Kovar, Digital and Social Strategist at Banfield & Dion Edmonds, Marketing Manager at the Royal Canadian Legion Dominion Command, discussing how to increase engagement and demonstrate ROI in social media, while also sharing tips on how to reach non-traditional audience.
- Louise Beirne, a Social Media Specialist at MD Financial Management, sharing the successes and challenges in adoption and lead generation for the MD Employee Advocacy Program
- Tanya O’Callaghan, Senior Manager at Communications at CIRA on how to put Agile Project Management into action in your team and the value it will have.
- Christiane Vaillancourt, ABC, Director Communications at National Gallery and member of the Global Communication Certification council will discuss the value of certification in the communication profession.
- Desirae Odjick, Content Marketer at Shopify and Author of Half Banked giving insight into content strategy that works in creating finance blog Half Banked.
Get your tickets today to grow your career and network for 2018! This event sells out each year and space is limited!
When: Tuesday January 30, 5:30-8:30pm
Where: Lowertown Brewery (73 York Street)
Your ticket includes an assortment of appetizers. Vegetarian options will be available.
Space is limited. IABC Ottawa has a no refund policy.