IABC Ottawa is pleased to be partnering with the Conference Board for this Exciting event!
As part of our partnership, we’re able to offer our members a special promotional rate to attend!
The Conference Board of Canada is pleased to present Public Sector Social Media 2013: Making Connections, Getting Results, taking place November 5-6, 2013, at the Fairmont Château Laurier in Ottawa.
Now in its sixth year, this event consistently attracts top leaders and innovators from across the public sector who are looking to use social media internally and externally to enhance or replace existing communications channels. Whether you’re a power user or just starting out, this is the only event you need to attend on social media this year.
Join us as we discuss how to capitalize on social media to improve employee and citizen engagement, accelerate projects, access knowledge, enable collaboration, and manage major change initiatives. Speakers will include:
- Peter R. Aceto, President and Chief Executive Officer, ING DIRECT Canada
- Ellen Bertrand, Director, External Relations, Parks Canada
- Daniela Crivianu-Gaita, Vice-President and Chief Information Officer, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Adrian J. Ebsary, Online Community Specialist, University of Ottawa
- Ann Fuller, Director, Public Relations, The Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Chris Moore, Chief Information Officer, City of Edmonton
Visit our website to view the full agenda now!
- Discussion topics will include:
- how to build a social media strategy from the ground up
- choosing the right medium from the growing list of options
- privacy and copyright issues
- language and accessibility
- obtaining management buy-in and support
- the merits and uses of social media internally and externally
- managing the volume—social media information management
- overcoming IT obstacles
- using social media to break down silos
- social media and public sector innovation
IABC Members Save on Registration!
Don’t miss this chance to network with your peers and lend your voice to the discussion on the future of the North! Register online before September 13 and quote your rebate code PRM2 to save $400 off of the total conference fee! For more information on this special rate, or the event itself, please contact Joel Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org