Management Level: P3
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Reference Number: IRC68929
NAV CANADA is a private company that owns and operates Canada’s civil air navigation service (ANS) and guides the world’s aircraft safely and expeditiously through Canadian-controlled airspace. With approximately 4,800 employees located from coast to coast, we offer some of the most exciting careers in the field of aviation. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and a National Capital Region Top Employer, NAV CANADA provides a professional and fulfilling work environment for its employees.
Reporting to the Manager, Internal Communications, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for timely and strategic communications advisory services for various client portfolios (business partners). This includes the preparation and execution of communications plans for internal initiatives, campaigns, events, programs and projects; the writing, editing and design of varied communications collateral for internal stakeholders on diverse channels; writing web-based material for the intranet; creating and updating web-pages; and employee event planning.
Working closely with business partners, the Communications Specialist will be expected to conduct research and analysis, develop content, work with suppliers and execute communications material for a wide variety of media, including email presentations, infographics, web, digital screens, videos, social media, digital and print newsletters, and other publications.
The communications support provided by this role is expected to increase employee awareness of the Company’s overarching objectives and priorities, with the aim of increasing employee engagement.
Travel nationally may be required for particular projects and initiatives. This position is located at our Head Office in downtown Ottawa.
What we have to offer
- Competitive Salary and Leave Structure
- Health Care and Dental Care Plan (Flexible Benefit Options)
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
What you’ll be doing
- Provides employee communications advisory services and support to various business partners, including the development and execution of communications strategies and plans; project management and delivery of communications activities and initiatives; and preparation and coordination of various communications products and publications.
- Performs research for the development of publications, presentations and other communications products.
- Develops compelling content for online platforms targeting various audiences.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with business partners in order to determine appropriate approaches for the development of effective content, writing-style, tone, timing, target segmentation, and products/channels to best achieve communications objectives.
- Identifies opportunities to collaborate with cross-functional communications teams as required to ensure effective service delivery.
- Provides analysis and recommendations on the impacts of proposed approaches on other functions, internal audiences and other planned communications activities (internal and external).
- Identifies opportunities and provides recommendations for enhancing and improving the use of internal communications channels and products.
- Conducts research and analyses on industry trends, emergent communications technologies and best practices; and provides management with recommendations on the implementation of new approaches/channels to best achieve communications objectives.
- Works closely with external suppliers/vendors, including graphic designers, printers, video production companies, writers, and event management companies.
- Plans and coordinates events and campaigns, with an aim to increase employee engagement.
- Assists from time to time with other Communications duties, as directed by the Manager, Internal Communications and the Manager, Employee Communications.
What we’re looking for
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Journalism, or another degree with equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Communications, or related field
- Experience in managing communications projects and developing and implementing communications plans and strategies.
- Experience writing and editing a wide variety of material such as newsletters, speeches, audio-visual material, web-based content and social media content.
- Experience working with web content management systems, and developing and updating web pages.
- Experience monitoring, analyzing and providing recommendations using web-based analytics.
- Experience in planning and executing large-scale special events from inception to implementation.
- Experience in all stages of publication production and in working with various suppliers including graphic designers and print specialists.
- Good knowledge of social media and how to apply its use in a business environment.
- Experience in graphic design, digital photography, photo manipulation or videography would be considered an asset.
- Ability to write and edit at a professional standard
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and shift priorities as required. Proven ability to work effectively in a team, but also strongly self-motivated
- Proven ability to quickly grasp and assimilate complex corporate and technical material and communicate effectively to a various audiences.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills:
- Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- SharePoint or other web content management systems
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Social Media applications for Communications
* Language requirements are bilingual. However, in the event a qualified bilingual candidate is not found, a qualified unilingual candidate will be considered. Both bilingual and unilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Link to our job: https://goo.gl/Y8fHAb