Organization: IABC Ottawa
Position: Director, Student Member Relations
Category: Volunteer, ~5-10 hours per month
Required: Immediate Start
International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is a chapter based, member-led and member driven non-profit organization providing a professional network for 15,500+ business communications and marketing professionals in over 80+ countries. In Ottawa, the Chapter brings together communications, marketing and creative professionals from private, public and not-for-profit organizations, helping our members to grow in their career and succeed in their jobs.
Description: The Director of Student Member Relations will be in-charge of managing programs and projects to recruit and retain new student members.
- Work with Membership VPs to recruit and retain new student members
- Manage and work with student leaders at the University of Ottawa, Algonquin College and Carleton University
- Work with the professional development team to coordinate student-focused events
- Provide regular updates to Membership VPs on programs’ success/needs
- Active interest in the marketing and communications sector
- Interest in personal development through skills based volunteer opportunities
- Familiarity, experience and/or interest in IABC Ottawa and its mandate
- Voluntary or paid experience in business or sales and sales management
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Great presentation skills
- Willingness to make a long-term commitment (1 year +) and a personal investment in this role
- Students are welcome!