Organization: IABC Ottawa
Department: Professional Development and Events
Position Title: Event registration volunteer
Category: Student Volunteer
Monthly requirement: 5-10 hours per month
Description: IABC Ottawa is looking for two student volunteers to help at this seasons events. Are you looking to network and get involved at upcoming communications events? IABC Ottawa is looking for two communicators who are eager to build their leadership and networking skills and help organize and manage the registration process at upcoming events.
The Professional Development and Events team is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the IABC event planning process, working with the venue catering manager, the coordination of speakers, tracking and reporting survey results, coordinating with the registration managers, and liaising with the marketing and communications team to promote events.
- Work with Professional Development VPs to coordinate high-caliber events
- Attend all IABC Ottawa events and support the registration table
- Provide regular updates to Professional Development VPs on events’ progress/needs
- Active student in the marketing and communications sector
- Familiarity, experience and/or interest in IABC Ottawa and its mandate
- Previous event management is an asset but not required
- Ability to think on your feet and great presentation skills
- Willingness to make a long-term commitment (1 year) and a personal investment in this role
To volunteer contact email@example.com.