“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
Every great leader deserves to be recognized. And that is what IABC Ottawa plans on doing with the Communicator of the Year Award.
IABC Ottawa wants to recognize Ottawa’s leader in communications for the year of 2012, but needs your help to find our star.
What is the Communicator of the Year (COTY) Award?
The Communicator of the Year (COTY) Award recognizes the outstanding achievements of an Ottawa-based organizational leader who shows excellence in the field of communications. The recipient will be a role model and trusted mentor to his/her peers within the community.
The Communicator of the Year should be:
- a business leader in the community
- an individual who has driven phenomenal growth in his/her company through communications
- someone whose exceptional communication skills have positively affected those around them
A role model:
- a role model in the communications and non-communications community alike
- a mentor who is a trusted counselor and teacher to his/her peers
Why submit a name for the COTY?
- Recognize a great boss/supervisor that has made a difference in your career
- Recognize a leader in the Ottawa communications community that has inspired you to do better
- Recognize a mentor that has held your hand through the thick and thin of maneuvering through your life as a communicator
- Recognize a passionate communicator that is making a difference in the lives of others
How is the COTY recognized?
IABC Ottawa will showcase amazing communications work at the IABC Ottawa Excel Awards Ceremony on Thursday, May 16 at St. Brigid’s Centre for the Arts. The COTY will be announced at the Ceremony and receive a beautiful, one-of-a-kind award statue. The winner will also be profiled on IABC Ottawa’s website; featured in communications material such as IABC Ottawa’s e-newsletter and media material; and shared via IABC Ottawa’s multiple social media channels (all with entrant’s permission).
How do I submit a name?
To complete a nomination for the 2013 Communicator of the Year Award, please submit a short rationale of no more than four pages in length (with supporting documentation if required) about the individual, addressing the outlined criteria.
Attach your rationale to the online form found here.
Submission deadline is April 5, 2013.