EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Regular, Full-time
SALARY RANGE: Minimum $65,792; Mid.-point $82,240; Maximum. $98,688
The Senior Editor, Communication Channels, manages and contributes to the development of content which is published or posted on the Association’s main channels of communication (quarterly magazine, website, etc). Working in partnership with a team of designated writers, the Senior Editor provides editorial leadership to ensure that the content is relevant, engaging and tailored to each respective channel.
Managing a small team of communication professionals, the Senior Editor advances best-practices for print and web-based publishing. He/she also leverages print publications to other channels, in order to extend the reach of the Association’s publications. This involves adapting existing content to various platforms and creating new content.
As part of his/her mandate, the Senior Editor will support organizational strategic goals with a focus on providing membership value through written materials. In doing so, the Senior Editor provides leadership to the development of compelling content that is adapted to each channel’s particularities.
- Manages the development of content for the Association’s quarterly magazine and web-based channels.
- Acts as the Senior Editor for the Association’s online and print content.
- Leverages print content to other platforms (e.g. web-based channels).
- Manages the Association’s web content, including reviewing, updating and creating new content.
- Advances best practices in print and web-based content development.
- As a member of the department’s management team, participates in the annual planning process and other management responsibilities.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant experience, including 5 years of experience in a manager, supervisor or team lead role
- 4-year university degree in English, journalism, or communications
- Experienced senior editor, with proven track record in print and web content development
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills, with an exceptional ability to generate enthusiasm and interest in readers
- Excellent knowledge of the Internet and understanding of new digital media
- Innovative thinker with the ability to leverage print publications to new media
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to manage multiple priorities
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to lead and to foster a positive, collaborative team environment
- Association and health care experience preferred
- Ability to work in French is an asset
- Knowledge of computer applications, including business applications such as word processing, databases, electronic file management systems, Internet, presentation software
- Certification with the Editor’s Association of Canada (EAC) is a definite asset
- Selected candidates will be required to complete a skills assessment.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package as well as access to two on-site fitness centres. Please forward your resume quoting Posting # 10-033w to:
|By mail:||Human Resources Specialist
Canadian Medical Protective Association
P.O. Box 8225, Station T
Ottawa ON K1G 3H7
|By fax:||(613) 725-5133|