We’re looking for enthusiastic communication professionals who are ready for a leadership challenge to join our dynamic board of directors for next season or to take on a volunteer director position on a portfolio.
This is your opportunity to build your leadership skills, help advance the communications profession and take on a new challenge.
The value of getting involved:
- Gain hands-on leadership, association management and board experience
- Serve IABC Ottawa members by helping connect them to the information, opportunities, insights and people they need to drive business results and advance their careers.
- Support the development and implementation of the IABC Ottawa chapter strategy to help advance the award-winning chapter
- Hands on opportunity to try new things in a safe place and see ideas come to life while supporting chapter goals.
- Develop connections in the local, national and international communications community
- Be part of a team that works hard and has fun too!
Nominations now open
All members of IABC Ottawa in good standing are welcome to apply to join our board, by submitting a nomination form. Positions for our incoming board of directors 2017-18 are open until June 2.
To be on the board of directors you must be an active IABC Ottawa member in good standing at the time you assume your role. We are looking for members who think strategically, are able to problem solve, willing to pull up their sleeves and ideally have some experience in the chapter. We want enthusiastic leaders to run our vibrant chapter!
Board Members are Required to:
- Be an active IABC and IABC Ottawa ambassador in the community
- Be a strategic leader working to ensure IABC Ottawa is strong chapter that connects communication professional in the NCR and delivers value to the membership.
- Attend monthly Board meetings and come well-prepared
- Be financially responsible for chapter and portfolio budget
- Deliver on your portfolio responsibilities and work with other portfolios
- Engage and manage volunteers for your portfolio
- Be a reliable team player
- Have fun doing great work!
Board Opportunities: All of these roles work with volunteer Directors and committees.
- Executive Vice-President (automatic succession to President)
- Executive Secretary: Keeping the chapter organized as the champion of chapter operations, governance and internal communications.
- Vice President Membership: Enhancing the member experience to attract, celebrate, engage and retain members.
- Vice President Marketing Communications: Bring the IABC Ottawa brand to life. Lead an integrated marketing communication approach to share chapter activities, news, opportunities and stories with members and the community.
- Vice President Professional Development: Connecting members and the community to the insights, skills and knowledge they need as communicators through a professional development program.
- Vice President Leadership Development: Inspire and helps develop current and future IABC Ottawa chapter leaders. Connect volunteers with opportunities and develop initiatives to enhance leadership skills for board members and volunteers.
- Vice President Community Engagement: Build and celebrate the Ottawa chapter of IABC in the local community and beyond through awards, partnerships and outreach initiatives.
Please contact us for full role descriptions.
The Nomination Process:
- Think about what you would like to do and contribute to determine which portfolio is the best fit for you.
- Complete the online nomination form and submit it by June 2.
- The nomination committee will review all nominations and put forward a slate for approval and election at the Annual General Meeting on June 20. We will let you know prior to the AGM the status of your nomination.