Are you an IABC member looking to get more involved and make a difference in supporting your association and your industry? Now is your chance! IABC Ottawa is looking for enthusiastic communication professionals to join our award-winning, dedicated volunteer Board for the 2014-2015 season.
We are accepting nominations for seven board positions:
- Executive Vice President: The EVP is responsible for supporting the President throughout the season as well as supporting all portfolios on an as-needed basis. The EVP position is a 3-year commitment; the successful candidate will serve as EVP in 2014-15 and the President the following year and Past-President the year after.
- Vice-President, Professional Development: This role is responsible for planning and executing all professional development opportunities throughout the season.
- Vice-President Sponsorship: This portfolio is responsible for the strategic development and execution of a sponsorship program for the chapter and our activities. This position also creates and develops and maintains sponsor relations.
- Vice-President Partnership: This portfolio is responsible for maintaing current industry partnership relations and developing new ones.
- Vice-President Marketing-Communications: This portfolio is responsible for developing and executing external relations, managing the IABC Ottawa brand and marketing-communications activities of the chapter to increase awareness among members, future member and the broader community.
- Vice-President Membership: This portfolio is responsible for all membership relations activities including but not limited to developing member specific activities, recruitment, welcoming members, developing and communicating member benefits. This role also does membership reporting and analysis.
- Vice-President Leadership Development: This portfolio is responsible for volunteer relations including but not limited to recruitment, on-boarding, placement, recognition and development.
Board Member Expectations:
- Be an active IABC and IABC Ottawa ambassador in the community
- Be a strategic leader working to ensure IABC Ottawa is strong chapter that connects communication professional in the NCR and delivers value to the membership.
- Attend monthly Board meetings and come well-prepared
- Deliver on your portfolio responsibilities and work with other portfolios as required
- Engage and manage volunteers for your portfolio
- Be a reliable team player
- Have fun doing great work!
The Nomination Process:
- Think about what you would like to do and contribute to determine which portfolio is the best fit for you. If you have questions please contact: IABC Ottawa President Jennifer Birch.
- Complete the online nomination form and submit it by Tuesday, June 10th at 5:00 PM.
- The nomination committee will review all nominations and put forward a slate for approval and election at the Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, June 18th. We will let you know prior to the AGM the status of your nomination.
If you are ready to give back, take on a new challenge, develop skills and work with a great group of people please consider volunteering your time as an IABC Ottawa Board member. Click here to fill out the nomination form now.
We also are looking for director volunteers to work with Board members to execute chapter activities for the 2014-15 season. If you are interested in getting involved please fill out the volunteer form.
Nomination deadline is Tuesday, June 10th at 5:00 PM.