IABC Ottawa is accepting nominations for four positions on the 2013-2014 Board of Directors:
- Treasurer (formerly VP, Finance): the Treasurer is responsible for managing all aspects of the Chapter’s finances including budgeting and forecasting.
- Executive Vice President: The EVP is responsible for supporting the President throughout the season as well as supporting all portfolios on an as-need basis. The EVP position is a 3-year commitment; the successful candidate will serve as EVP in 2013-14 and the President the following year and Past-President the year after that.
- Vice-President, Partnerships (formerly Vice-President, Sponsorship): The VP, Partnerships is responsible for maintaining current industry partnership and sponsor relationships and developing new ones.
- Vice-President, Professional Development: the VP, Professional Development is responsible for planning and executing all professional development opportunities throughout the season.
All Board Members are required to:
- Making every effort to attend prescheduled monthly Board meetings (excluding summer), with an upfront commitment to attend a minimum of eight meetings (in person or via conference call)
- Sending a portfolio director in their place, if they cannot attend a Board meeting
- Submitting a portfolio report, if they cannot attend the relevant Board meeting or if they have a significant quantity of updates
- Serving as an ambassador for IABC Ottawa, with an upfront goal to attend at least seven IABC
- Ottawa events during the Board year (including AGM, volunteer recruitment and recognition). (Note: some Board roles warrant even more frequent attendance at chapter events to maximize effectiveness.)
- Keeping in regular contact with all portfolio volunteers, both prospective and current, to ensure a smooth operation and positive experience for all
- Monitoring portfolio and chapter budget carefully and communicate any updates/concerns to the Treasurer as required
- Familiarizing themselves with all relevant material from other portfolios, as well as agenda items for discussion so that they arrive prepared for Board meetings
- Communicating relevant information to their portfolio directors and committee members
- Responding to time sensitive inquiries in a timely manner
- Providing relevant input to online discussions and participating in all online voting processes, as required.
Joining the IABC Ottawa Board means you are ready to make a difference in supporting your association and your industry. IABC Ottawa connects communications professionals in the NCR by creating learning opportunities and organizing networking events for professional communicators from various fields while delivering value to the IABC Ottawa membership. IABC Ottawa is run by an award-winning, dedicated volunteer Board of communications professionals and is one of over 100 international global IABC chapters.
If you know (or if you are) an experienced communications professional who is an IABC member looking for an opportunity to provide leadership skills and contribute to IABC Ottawa becoming the hub of Ottawa’s communication communities, please consider volunteering your time as a Board member.
The nomination committee, comprised of the Executive Vice President, President and Past-President, will review all nominations and put forward a slate for approval at the Annual General Meeting. In the event there are multiple candidates for a single position and the nomination committee is unable to come to a decision, an election will be held at the Annual General Meeting taking place on June 18 at 5:30 at the Heart and Crown in the Market.
The deadline for nominations has been extended until June 10th, 2013.