Dear IABC Ottawa Members,
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve, IABC Ottawa’s Board of Directors continues to closely monitor developments and follow official guidance from the Public Health Agency of Canada and Ottawa Public Health.
Due to the ever-changing nature of the situation, and ten cases of COVID-19 being confirmed in Ottawa as of March 15, we are taking proactive measures to reschedule, or substitute in-person IABC Ottawa gatherings in March and April, for online engagements instead.
Please note the following schedule of upcoming events, and please visit our website for all up-to-date information.
* March Member Meet Up, March 24, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at Social *Cancelled – will tentatively resume in April*
* Communications Certification Exam Information Session – Save the Date! March 27, 12:00-1:00 p.m. via Zoom Video Conference (details to come on IABC Ottawa’s website)
* Young Professionals Event – Save the Date! April 7 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. for an Instagram Live Chat with special guest (to be announced).
To support members IABC international has a number of resources to help you navigate internal and external communications during COVID-19 as well connect with other members:
* Launched a resource page related to the COVID-19 coronavirus.
* Catalyst content focused on navigating a pandemic.
* March 19 webinar focused on strategies to communicate while in quarantine.
* Conversations on The Hub for IABC members from around the world. This is a great place to connect with others, get advice and share your experiences.
Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
IABC Ottawa President