Role Title: Content Advisor (3 positions)
Department: Marketing & Communications
Monthly requirement: 5-10 hours per month
About IABC: International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is a chapter based, member-led and member driven non-profit organization providing a professional network for 15,500+ business communications and marketing professionals in over 80+ countries. In Ottawa, the chapter brings together communications, marketing and creative professionals from private, public and not-for-profit organizations, helping our members to grow in their career and succeed in their jobs.
Job Description: The Content Advisor is responsible for developing content to support IABC Ottawa programs – the Voice podcast, the Jobline career posting site, and Awards/International news
- Work with the Vice President, Marketing & Communications, and other portfolio directors to create a steady stream of content for IABC Ottawa’s communication channels.
- Provide regular updates to the Vice President, Marketing & Communications.
- Liaise between the Marketing & Communications team and the assigned content portfolio.
- Collaborate with Director, Social Media & Measurement, and Director, Email Marketing, to share content in a timely and strategic manner.
- Active interest in the marketing and communications sector
- Familiarity, experience and/or interest in IABC Ottawa and its mandate
- Voluntary or paid experience developing a variety of communications materials
- Strong writing skills and communication skills
- Willingness to make a long-term commitment (1 year) and a personal investment in this role
- Writing and communications experience
- Students and entry-level volunteers are encouraged to apply