Organization: IABC Ottawa (ottawa.iabc.com)
Position: Manager of Jobline
Category: Volunteer, ~5-10 hours per month
The Manager of Jobline is responsible for overseeing IABC’s job advertising service, Jobline, which is a job board targeted to communications and marketing professionals in Ottawa. As one of IABC Ottawa’s main sources of revenue, Jobline plays a fundamental role in funding the chapter’s activities.
The Jobline Manager is the main point of contact for all Jobline postings and inquiries, and s/he oversees the process of posting new jobs from start to finish. In addition, the they works closely with the VP Chapter Development and the Jobline Social Media and Content Officer to schedule meetings, identify opportunities to improve Jobline, and continually find new ways to promote IABC’s job advertising service to Ottawa’s communications and marketing community.
- Work with VP to identify opportunities for Jobline improvement initiatives and service enhancements
- Coordinate the effective rollout and scopes of various initiatives
- Work with the Jobline Social Media and Content Officer and delegate action plan roles and responsibilities when necessary
- Communicate with clients to ensure job posts are managed responsibly, uploaded correctly, and posted within 48 hours
- Maintain good working relationships with IABC’s Bookkeeper, VPs, and Directors
- Innovate within the scope of the position and implement strategic plans to continue to grow Jobline’s revenue
- Familiarity, experience and/or interest in IABC Ottawa and its mandate
- Enthusiastic self-starter, fast learner with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in personal development through skills based volunteer opportunities