Defence Construction Canada (DCC) is looking for a strategic, highly organized, problem-solver to join the Head Office Communications team in a pivotal new role. Our Administrator, Communications will imagine, create, manage, and maintain critical business management processes to support our lean team of energetic communications professionals.
If you love establishing and tracking complex project schedules, filling out forms, and managing invoices, if your idea of fun is mastering internal administrative procedures and keeping track of a busy team while anticipating needs or negotiating IT fixes, then we want to meet you! We’re looking for someone to be the administrative glue that holds our team together, someone reliable and curious who takes pride in finding solutions to challenges and becomes the go-to person for advice and support on tactical administrative issues in a creative production environment.
In this role, you will:
- Provide administrative support to the Director and the team, including processing and tracking invoices, budget expenditures, time sheets and IT needs
- Develop, adapt, and maintain administrative infrastructure to support business objectives
- Coordinate project scheduling, including maintaining schedules, recording progress, and keeping stakeholders informed of timelines
- Maintain effective records and version control
- Research and write Communications-related briefing notes and meeting minutes
- Maintain stakeholder mailing lists and Communications-related databases
- Develop and maintain effective relationships within DCC and with industry, clients, and external parties, including freelance photographers and graphic artists
- Monitor and ensure quality standards are met, in line with corporate expectations
Your skills and knowledge include:
- Excellent time management and organization
- Proficient use of project management/scheduling software
- Experience developing and using administrative and internal accounting systems
- Facility with desktop publishing and CMS software
Your educational background:
- Minimum: college diploma in media, communications, marketing, or related field with four years’ relevant experience, or the equivalent – experience in a creative agency setting an advantage
- Preferred: university degree in one of the above fields; member of the Association of Administrative Professionals or International Association of Business Communicators; completion of a Canadian Certified Administrative Professional program; or Project Management Professional designation
For more information and to apply, visit the Careers section of DCC’s website.