Join the team that is building a trusted internet for Canadians! CIRA is best known for managing the system that keeps more than 3 million .CA domains running as smooth as maple syrup, but we do so much more to help Canadians thrive on the internet.
Whether it’s our cybersecurity products that protect Canadians online, our advocacy work that fights for better internet access, or our Community Investment Program that supports dozens of community-based internet projects across Canada—we work every day to keep the internet strong and free! Join us!
Who you are.
You are a bilingual communications expert who dreams about engagement and understands that storytelling is not just for children. You live and breathe digital platforms but know that the written word is the cornerstone of communication. While the keyboard may be the new pen, both are still mightier than the sword. You are the person your friends always go to find out what’s new online, from the latest social platform to the trendiest meme. You are organized and can help coordinate a project team towards a common goal, but you also know that sometimes the best plan is to just try something new and see what happens. You are not afraid to tackle tough problems and have challenging conversations, and you love being part of a team that feels the same. Most of all, you are passionate about helping Canadians succeed and thrive on the internet.
What you’ll do.
As Communications Manager, you will dive deep into the content, social media, PR and stakeholder relations efforts of CIRA and transform them with your sheer excellence. Working with our internal communications team, and the various business units inside CIRA, you will help optimize and execute the CIRA communications strategy (which you will also help develop). You will write create compelling content, stellar social, and pitch-perfect press releases that help CIRA achieve its corporate goals. You will give yourself a high five upon getting a successful media hit, and secretly hope Ryan Reynolds someday RTs a tweet you wrote.
In this role you will:
- Manage CIRA’s communications activities, including social media, content, and media relations, to promote its corporate activities and product developments.
- Work directly with our membership team, business units and corporate leadership to help them communicate effectively with their respective audiences.
- Manage and create a vibrant and engaged community on all CIRA social media channels.
- Develop compelling blogs, reports, and other creative content that helps drive awareness of CIRA’s activities.
- Create media campaigns, from strategy to press release to pitch, and execute them by relying on your existing media relationships while building new ones within the technology community in Canada.
- Measure and optimize all CIRA communications activities and report on their performance in cooperation with our internal team.
- Collaborate with the team to bring new ideas and creative solutions to the table to strengthen the CIRA brand.
- Assist in the management of crisis communications planning and response, and corporate reputation management.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or a related field.
- Proven working experience (7-10 years) in public relations, content marketing, communications and social media.
- Demonstrable experience managing communications for internal and external stakeholder groups, including member-based organizations, executive boards, and community groups.
- Experience in project management and working collaboratively with a team to deliver results.
- Experience in developing media campaigns and nurturing relationships with journalists to drive positive coverage for the organization.
- Significant knowledge and experience in building engaging communities online through social media and content.
- Strong storytelling, writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to create, edit, and publish multimedia content (text, audio, video) with familiarity with the platforms required to do so.
- Proficiency in English is essential; bilingualism is highly recommended.
Who we are.
We are a non-profit, purpose-driven organization with a dynamic team that helps shape the internet in Canada. Our team is full of high performers and creative thinkers who come to work every day and ask, “What more can we do?” because they believe in the CIRA mission to build a trusted internet for Canadians. It is our team and our mission that has led CIRA to be named one of the National Capital Region’s Top Employer six years in a row.
While our beautiful office at Lansdowne Park in the Glebe is temporarily closed, we have developed a dynamic remote work environment and culture that has made the past few months about as enjoyable as can be expected. We hope to return to the office when the coast is clear but will be adopting a hybrid model of in-person and remote work going forward.
At CIRA, we foster relationships and build communities – online and off. We strive to be a place where talented people come, stay and do their best work. We are committed to employment equity and encourage anyone who can contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives to apply.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during any part of the CIRA candidate experience process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Link to apply: https://cira.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=105