City of Ottawa – Coordinator, Communications Information (Customer Service)
Coordinator, Communications Information (Customer Service)
Transportation Services Department, Transit Customer System and Planning Service, Customer Services Branch
1 Full Time Temporary Position – 35 hrs/Week
Salary: $55,215.16 to $78,312.78 annually (2019 Rates of Pay)
Affiliation: ATU 1760
Competition #: 2020-EX-EN-52834807-01
Deadline: March 11, 2020
In a high-volume, operational environment with critical deadlines, writes and produces transit information for the public and staff; plans and coordinates production and distribution of all OC Transpo information materials for the Branch and for supporting branches. Ensures availability, accuracy and quality of printed information and monitors printing, purchasing and inventory records.
Education & Experience
Two (2) year Community College diploma in Communications, Journalism (print) or a related field with a concentration on writing or production of public copy.
Four (4) years’ experience writing, editing and proofreading print materials using desktop publishing software.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of
General knowledge of public transit information program combined with knowledge of print production processes
- Good knowledge of OC Transpo route system and services
Good knowledge of English language
Knowledge of the hardware and software used in desktop publishing
Knowledge of specification preparation for printing or photographic services
Knowledge of SAP and Markview
Knowledge of accessibility standards as they apply to printed material
Knowledge of bilingualism policy and clear print guidelines
Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
Competencies and Skills
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision, and collaboratively as part of a team and with outside departments and agencies
- Possess excellent organizational skills and flexibility to deal effectively with multiple demands, conflicting priorities, pressures and deadlines
- Possess computer literacy in MS Office Suite in a Windows environment, including use of the intra/internet
- Able to demonstrate initiative, substantial creativity and resourcefulness
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Able to anticipate and resolve production problems
- Able to gain cooperation of others in order to meet unit’s goals
- Able to coordinate printing projects and manage external firms
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. The City of Ottawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the
HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.
For more information and to apply, visit our career site at http://ottawa.ca.