Manager, Communications and Marketing – Cable Public Affiars Channel
Career Opportunity: Manager, Communications and Marketing (Bilingual)
Make a difference with a team that’s passionate about connecting Canadians with their democratic institutions. The Cable Public Affairs Channel (CPAC) is Canada’s window on parliament, politics and public affairs. As Canada’s only national, bilingual media outlet focused exclusively on politics, we are unique in the Canadian media landscape. We are looking for a bilingual media professional to join our innovative and nimble team as Manager, Communications and Marketing.
The Manager, Communications and Marketing will be responsible for implementing the marketing & communication strategy. The ideal candidate is fluently bilingual and self-motivated with a strong work ethic that enables them to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. This position reports to the Director of Communications, Marketing and Public Affairs.
- In collaboration with the Director of Communications, Marketing and Public Affairs, develop and implement a comprehensive publicity and promotions plan designed to increase awareness and tune-in of CPAC as a station, as well as specific CPAC programming.
- Under the direction of the Director of Communications, Marketing and Public Affairs, develop and implement a fulsome social media strategy to build awareness of CPAC’s mission and content to target audiences.
- Oversee the implementation of CPAC’s external corporate and media communications strategies.
- Organize and oversee external events, write news releases as required.
- Develop internal communications programs to inform and engage employees, including organizing town halls, electronic newsletters, employee announcements and engagement.
- Foster relationships with parliamentarians, media, influencers and stakeholders to support CPAC’s programming and communications campaigns with the goal of maximizing CPAC’s audience and media profile. Represent CPAC at trade and government relations events.
- Manage media requests and monitor and identify issues relating to media reporting on CPAC’s programming or corporate brand.
- Oversee planning and implementation of CPAC sponsorships.
- Evaluate and report on CPAC ratings and the success of communications campaigns based on established performance metrics.
- Oversee activities of Communications & Marketing Coordinator, Social Media & Promotions Coordinator, and Promotions Producer.
- Oversee event budgets and accounting for related expenses and invoices.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills and experience required)
- 3-5 years of experience in Communications and/or Public Relations, including executing strategic communications campaigns; Experience working in public affairs/news media with a focus on politics an asset.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills in both French and English.
- Extensive passion for politics and public affairs.
- Established relationships with media and key stakeholders within the federal politics sphere.
- Experience working with government, politicians, and managing high-profile personalities.
- Energetic, creative self-starter who is detail-oriented, solutions-focused and results-driven.
- Collaborative team player who works well under pressure, effectively manages high volumes of work and multiple projects, and meets deadlines in an extremely fast-paced work environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of and experience working with social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Linked In.
- University degree and/or diploma in communications.
- Promotes a work environment that recognizes, supports, respects and welcomes diversity of employees.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends (overtime), as required.
- Fluently bilingual, in English and French.
- Note some minimal travel may be required.
This is a full time, regular position with competitive benefits.
Please submit your application to:
1750-45 O’Connor Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1A4
Attention: Patricia Hutton, Human Resources
CPAC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.