IABC is the only global association connecting you with the people and insights you need to drive business results.
IABC is a community for professional communicators around the world who want to thrive in their career. IABC Ottawa is local organization with a global network to connect you to opportunities, resources, people and insights you need to drive business results. Whether you are just starting your career, advancing to the C-Suite or anywhere in between, IABC has the resources, connections and learning opportunities to power your career. IABC members abide by a code of ethics.
- Communication World (CW): IABC’s monthly digital magazine is now for members only and provides access to more in-depth content on leading-edge communication topics.
- Access to IABC Academy, which offers webinars, online workshops and face-to-face training that help you stay current on topics that are important for professional and personal growth. Attend our monthly free-to-members webinars on a variety of topics or visit our webinar archive.
- Professional Development: Learn best practices, emerging trends and new skills at a local professional development event. Members get a discounted rate on all professional development events locally and internationally.
- Monthly member-only webinars: IABC offers free member-only webinars with all-star speakers presenting the latest trends and best practices in communication. Join the live sessions or watch the recordings on demand, at your convenience. Non-members can sign up to sample a free members-only webinar here.
- Member-only Special Interest Groups on various communications-related topics. Discuss challenges, trends and more with members of the community in small focused events.
- Exclusive members-only resources: Access valuable case studies through the 80 top Gold Quill Award-winning work plans from 2013–2016 for best practices and innovation. Download our latest two recent e-books: Give Voice to What Unites Us, by Sheri Rosen, ABC, IABC Fellow, and Managing the Communication Function, 3rd edition, by Diane Gayeski, Ph.D. Watch member-only videos, including interviews with experts and how-to instruction on topics like gamification and writing for the 21st-century reader.
- Special members-only rates on various IABC activities, including:
- Postings on IABC’s job board, Jobline.
- GCCC certification: The Communication Management Professional and Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP) certification gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise.
- World Conference: The 2018 IABC World Conference (#IABC18) in Montréal, happening 3–6 June 2018, will provide an opportunity to learn from experts in a multitude of communication areas, while also offering networking with colleagues who attend from around the world.
- Get Recognized: National Silver Leaf and International Gold Quill awards programs offer an opportunity to be recognized for your work. Submit your best work in areas as diverse as branding, research, employee engagement and social media. Members get significant savings!
- Local professional development events
- Volunteer: Local and international volunteer opportunities to build your leadership skills, share your talents and create connections. Opportunities include serving on the chapter board, planning local professional development events, judging awards, being on an international committee to name a few.
Your membership runs for a full 12-month period and begins immediately upon receipt of payment and application to IABC Headquarters.
View full descriptions of the different membership types.
|Membership Type||Cost – $CAD|
Eligible within 1 year of graduation
|Corporate||Discounts vary by size of group and location of members. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.|