Why become a member?
Our Value – IABC Ottawa focuses on connecting you with the people and insights you need to thrive in your career. Whether you are a communicator, marketer, or creative professional, we connect you to the opportunities, resources, and people you need to advance in your career.
Our Members – With hundreds of members from all types of backgrounds and sectors, you’re bound to meet interesting, like-minded peers who work in fields from digital strategy, media relations and internal communications, to crisis communications, marketing, stakeholder relations, and communication strategy.
Our Benefits – Joining IABC Ottawa means you enjoy unparalleled access to events and programs that hone your strategic communication skills and expand your network with the following benefits:
- Monthly Professional Development Events focus on providing members with the latest learnings and access to insightful speakers. There is something for everyone – from those early in their careers to senior-level professionals. Members receive significantly discounted tickets.
- The Member Connect Mentorship Program provides both members who are early in their careers as well as experienced professionals with the opportunity to develop meaningful mentor-mentee relationships and grow as professionals and in their careers.
- **NEW** Free Monthly Member Meet Ups give members the opportunity to connect, socialize, and chat with other communication and marketing professionals.
- **NEW** Networking Nine Events allow members to attend exclusive and free intimate discussion groups on hot topics in the industry.
- Develop your Network and enhance your leadership skills by getting involved with the Ottawa Chapter through volunteering, joining the Board, coming out to events, sharing your expertise as a guest speaker, or being featured on the website.
- Professional Certification through the Global Communication Certification Council allows professionals to demonstrate their knowledge and expertise. Members receive significant discounts on their applications and access to free info sessions from the Ottawa Chapter.
- Jobline, IABC Ottawa’s job board, not only gives access to the latest jobs in the region, but also allows members to post jobs in their companies at significantly discounted rates.
- The Voice Podcast is a great opportunity to learn from some of Ottawa’s top communication professionals and to share your own expertise and insights with the community.
Belonging to a global network of communicators comes with a host of additional perks, such as:
- Catalyst, IABC’s monthly digital magazine, is now for members only and provides access to more in-depth content on leading-edge communication topics.
- Access to IABC Academy, which offers webinars, online workshops and face-to-face training, will help you stay current on topics that are important for professional and personal growth. Attend monthly free-to-members webinars on a variety of topics or visit our webinar archive.
- National Silver Leaf and International Gold Quill awards programs offer an opportunity to be recognized for your work. Submit your best work in areas as diverse as branding, research, employee engagement and social media. Members get significant savings on the application fee.
- The IABC International Podcast is the official podcast of IABC and shares news, stories, and interviews from across the IABC World.
Your membership runs for a full 12-month period and begins immediately upon receipt of payment and application to IABC Headquarters.
View full descriptions of the different membership types.
|Membership Type||Cost – $CAD|
Eligible within 1 year of graduation
|Corporate||Discounts vary by size of group and location of members. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.|