Learn about the IABC value: perspectives from Canadian communications professionals
Hear what members have to say about the benefits of IABC membership
Benefits of an IABC Membership
As an international professional communications organization with over 16,000 members in more than 100 chapters in over 80 countries, IABC offers members unlimited access to a worldwide database of research and information, globally-recognized accreditation, an international awards program, and an invitation to the annual IABC world conference. IABC has various membership types to fit your circumstances including: professional, corporate, and student.
Download our Membership Benefits Brochure.
Download our Membership Toolkit, designed to help you make a case to your employer for investing in an IABC membership.
Why Join IABC Ottawa?
IABC membership is an unparalleled opportunity to grow your network in the city and connect with like-minded professionals. Ottawa’s communications industry is tight-knit. It’s all about who you know and the strength of your connections. Being a member of IABC Ottawa helps forge relationships with influential communicators, locally and internationally.
Beyond building a powerful network, members have the opportunity to participate in a series of professional development events throughout the season that cover a wide range of relevant topics, spanning from crisis communications to risk management, content marketing, public relations and employee communications.
As an association run by communications professionals that is constantly consulting its membership, IABC Ottawa sets its professional development calendar according to the industry’s hottest topics and the interests of our membership. Sessions are not only relevant, but leading edge.
Learn more about events and workshops.
IABC Ottawa produces content for Ottawa communicators and beyond.
The Voice: a spotlight on communications talent and leading industry topics
- The IABC Ottawa-produced The Voice – a bi-weekly podcast that explores our industry’s hot topics. The episodes feature quick case studies, practical tools and advice, information about emerging technologies, and the latest chitchat about the industry’s movers and shakers.
- Distributed by the IABC Ottawa chapter, this bi-weekly newsletter features member profiles, chapter news including upcoming professional development events, member updates and the latest job postings. Subscribe now.
- New and renewing members receive welcome emails and milestone anniversary cards to celebrate their participation and commitment.
- Members are profiled on the website to feature their work and encourage awareness and recognition among their peers in the IABC Ottawa community.
Job Searching Assistance
- IABC Ottawa’s Jobline is a targeted way to find a job or new employees locally, and is available to members online. IABC International’s Job Centre also lists hundreds of jobs at all levels.
Affinity Programs – Great Discounts For Members
IABC Canada offers its members discounts on airline bookings, trains and insurance.
Porter Airlines offers a 10% discount on business and leisure flights. Members will need to use promotional code (IABS11). Flights can be booked through flyporter.com or by calling (888)-619-8622.
VIA Rail offers a 7% discount for IABC members also for business and leisure travel.
For more information on bookings visit http://www.viarail.ca/en/fares/business-travel/corporate-fares/iabc or using the corporate account #710833.
AXA Insurance and Sound Insurance Services is offerings Errors & Omissions Insurance.
For more information, visit http://canada.iabc.com/about/our—services/insurance
or by contacting Neil Mahajan at Sound Insurance Services Inc. Neil can be reached by telephone at (888)-756-3334 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t delay, join or renew your membership now.
Have questions? Email membership[at]ottawa[dot]iabc[dot]com.